A hot summer’s afternoon, a grove of ripe fig trees, and a nearby cascade of wild jasmine.
There’s a rocky trail from our house to the next village, and on a hot day it’s a treat for the senses all the way. A dip in the path brings you to a shady grove of ripe fig trees, where you fall under the intoxicating spell of the whole tree – the figs, the bark, and the leaves – combining fruity, woody, and green notes, then balanced by the white flowers of a nearby wild jasmine.
If the best taste in the world is a ripe, sun-warmed fig picked straight off the tree, this must be one of the best fragrances; it’s the smell of being on holiday.
- A blend of 100% natural waxes – sustainably sourced organic soy, rapeseed and beeswax
- No palm oil used in our unique blend
- Our blend only uses crops grown or raised without synthetic fertilisers, pesticides or hormones and can be deemed organic by this definition
- Clean burning
- Wicks are lead-free and made from natural fibre
- All free from animal testing
- La Montaña candles are 30cl, 220gms (minimum 40 hours burn)
- All candles are individually hand-poured by artisan candlemakers in the UK
- We use a high % of fragrance oil in each candle (including a high percentage of natural and essential oils)
- All candles are gift-boxed and are fitted with an etched, stainless steel lid